Do what you say you will do!
Once we have completed the first four stages of the continuity process:
- Policy & Programme Management
- Embedding continuity throughout the organisation
- Analysis of Business Impacts
- Designed solutions
We move on to the IMPLEMENTATION phase, which is where we actually bring continuity to life within the business, driving real change at all levels, so that continuity becomes “Business as Usual”.
To do this we have to:
- Identify the responsible individuals
- Develop a draft response structure for top management consideration
- Document and publish the approved structure
- Implement the structure within any current continuity plans
- Rehearse the structure as part of the continuity plan
Response structures will depend on the size and complexity of the organisation and the number of locations. Response structures need to be developed at several levels within the organisations, these are:
- Strategic – Top Management / Board Level
- Tactical – Mid Level management at organisation or division level
- Operational – Detailed operation plans, departments and locations
Responsibilities need to be agreed along with authorities, matching competencies, then implementing and rehearsing team capabilities. There also need s to be a maintenance schedule to update plans as required.
Have a great day
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!