Its Friday and I’m feeeeeeeeeeeeeeling good!
(I’m sure there’s a song in there somewhere, Nina Simon or something similar)
I got a bit reflective and came to a few conclusions.
- Life is not a rehearsal; you don’t get to come back for a second go. Kick the arse out of it whilst your here. No regrets at the end, about what you didn’t do!
- Love what you do for a living, give it 100% and care about it. If you don’t, do something else. You can change your life whenever you want, you just have to decide.
- In business play with the ladies and gentlemen, not the players. Time is too short to manage difficult people, move on without them, you will be much happier in the end.
- Love who you are, whoever you are, whatever you are and don’t apologise for it.
- Having said that, if you do something stupid, apologise quickly, profusely and mean it. We all make mistakes, that’s human, what matters is how you deal with it.
- No one owns you and no one gets to define who you are and what you should be. If the haters hate, just ignore them. They are completely irrelevant to who and what you are.
- Social media is a personal and business tool, its useful, but it’s not reality. Use it sparingly and don’t get sucked in to thinking its real. If you can make valuable connections that’s good, but then cement them in the real world or it means nothing.
- The world is pretty dull without that group of connected people you call family and friends. Spend time with them, love them, even if they are weird sometimes. They will love you back and there isn’t anything better in life.
That’s it for Friday, have a great weekend, raise a glass of wine and enjoy!